Each year the University of Windsor provides OPIRG Windsor with students so that they can work while attending school. This unique program allows the students to engage with the community they live in and become a better person overall.
In 2017-2018, Work Study was rebranded as Ignite and facilitated as an experiential learning opportunity. Further enhancements are being made in 2018-2019.
Positions are funded not the participants; therefore, all students are eligible to participate in Ignite*, regardless of financial aid. *To be eligible to view job postings or be hired into a funded position, students must:
– Attend a mandatory Launch session
– Be in good academic standing
– Be registered in a minimum course load (60% for domestic and 80% for international)
– Not on a co-op work term in the semester they are employed in an Ignite position
– Do not have a full Graduate Assistantship (graduate students only)
For more information, please visit the University of Windsor’s Office of Experiential Learning website: uwindsor.ca/cces/ignite